Sailing has never seemed so simple. When the wind blows, the Tandem Island flies across the water, powered by an expansive, easily tended mainsail.
Hop aboard with a friend. With dual MirageDrive 180s providing forward and reverse pedal power, maneuvering is a snap even when the zephyrs subside. New for 2020 are our patented Kick-Up Fins that automatically "kick-up" on contact with an underwater obstacle.
The central hull is pure high-end Hobie with all the expected features: multiple Twist and Seal hatches; a large bow hatch for below-decks storage; lever-operated rudder and centerboard deployment; and dual rudder control.
This is Hobie’s ultimate fish hunter, capable of marlin teasing trolling speeds.
Mirage Compass Duo Specs *
- Crew: 2
- Length: 5.6 m / 18' 7"
- Beam (AMAS Folded In): 1.2 m / 4'
- Beam (AMAS Out): 3 m / 10'
- Capacity: 272 kg / 600 lbs
- Fitted Hull Weight: 59 kg / 130 lbs
- Fully Rigged Weight: 109 kg / 240 lbs
- Mast Length: 5.55 m / 18'
- Sail Area: 8.5 m2 / 90 FT2
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- Color Options:
- Hibiscus Red
- Ivory Dune
*All colors, graphics and specifications of all models are subject to change without notice.
- MirageDrive 180 ARC with Turbo Kick-Up Fins and Wind Power
- Roller Furling Mainsails
- Kick-Up Centreboard
- Pivoting Crossbars for Easy Transportation
- AMA Outriggers for stability
- Simple to Launch and Beach
- 2 Twist and Seal Hatches with Bottle Openers
- Vantage CT Seating
- Large Bow Hatch with Bungee cords
- Rear Cargo Area with Bungee cords
- Rod Holders
- Front and Read Moulded Carrying Handle
- Cargo Area With Bungee Tie-downs
- 2 Two-piece Paddles with On-hull Storage
- Cup Holders
- Lowrance Ready
Hobie Mirage Island Sail Kayaks